10.11.08

Ladies and gentlemen, your New York Rangers...


The Rangers are doing a seven page photoshoot for Men's Journal. Link>>
This picture makes me think three things:
1.) Wow, I have no attraction to Wade Redden whatsoever. Maybe it's the fact he was a Senator for a bajillion years. I can't stand those Senators.
2.) I still love Chris Drury, sorry folks.
3.) Markus Naslund...ahh, am I glad you're on the east coast. Then again, I loved you as Vancouver's capitano. ): I miss you as a Canuck...

Thank God Sean Avery isn't around the city anymore, otherwise he would be all over this spread. I still love how their was a GAP ad across the street from the facility where the Sabres practiced, and his big head was on there. Awesome. I hope one of the boys tried to TP the thing. (Danny, I bet it was YOU. You sly dog.) Then Adam would have to discipline him and everything.

If you have not seen M.J.'s latest post, then you are missing out. You're either going to need new eyes after you pour peroxide into them, or you're going to need a new pair of lungs after laughing so much.

Oh, and where are our Sabres in a magazine? I would like a spread of all the guys wearing nice suits and such. Or they could all do this;


Um. Yes. So, uh...what was I talking about again?
Oh yeah!
Sabres. Magazine spread for NeXt or whatever, I don't care. Make something happen, thanks.

9 comments:

Caroline said...

LOL @ Vanek's tattoo. And we are seriously deprived when it comes to shirtless Sabres. What a shame.

Shelby said...

According to him:
the signs stand for the zodiac sign of the capricorn. I’m a capricorn, so that’s that. The rest is just a design I liked.
How ~artsy~ of Thomas.

I think I've seen enough pictures of Alexander Ovechkin shirtless to last me a few months. All the shirtless Sabres are in hiding.

Cari said...

WOWIIEEEE.

Can we just whip Derek into shape before they do a spread? I'd like to see him in it... Oh and Tommy, Drew, Ryan, Paul, Jason, and, for the hell of it, Timmy, too.

Shelby said...

Let's just hope Timmy would be able to make it to the photoshoot, let alone, be in it, haha. He'd probably trip on the ice or something while going to strut his stuff...

Anne said...

that picture of vanek is completely amazing. hahahahaha. I must say I hate Chris Drury but he does look *ugh* totally adorable in some of those shots.

lakebnd79 said...

"I still love Chris Drury, sorry folks."

Shelby Rose, I think we are the only two left that do. And as I commented on MJ's blog...this photo shoot was smokin' hot!
I'm glad Avery is gone too...he's such a pig! I had a run in with him last year when the Rangers were in town.
And Tommy, where have you been hiding those guns???

Shelby said...

I must say I hate Chris Drury but he does look *ugh* totally adorable in some of those shots.

I think I blame my oldest brother for my continuing love of Drury. He totally had a mancrush on him when he was here, it was pretty funny. We were going to bury our Drury and Briere jerseys together when they both left, but my Briere jersey was already gone because 1.) I didn't like him much anymore, and 2.) it took me so long to get it in the first place, there was no point, haha.

Shelby Rose, I think we are the only two left that do.

I am so glad that I am not alone in this. From most of the comments I see around the blogosphere and internet, not many people like him at all anymore.

I had a run in with him last year when the Rangers were in town.

Oh boy, I hope that you didn't actually 'run into' him so then you didn't have to scrub yourself silly when you got home. I don't know what sort of reaction I would have if I ran into him.

And Tommy, where have you been hiding those guns???

I demand he shows those babies off more often. Any of the guys should show their guns off. Not in the way Derek Roy did on M.J.'s post though, oh good lord.

Clare said...

I still love Chris Drury, sorry folks.

I do too and I am really glad other people do too. I haven't ever been mad at him for leaving town. I know I probably should be but there is a part of me that just can't.

Shelby said...

I feel the same way, Clare. I can't be mad at him for leaving town...I've read everywhere that the Rangers were his favorite team since he was little. He was just following his dream to play for them. I'm not going to knock him down because he left. He probably would have eventually, anyways.