A friend of mine in study hall today said to me 'I saw your man in the paper today. There's a good sized picture in there, with an article about the good, and the bad with the Sabres.' so of course, I had to go pick up a copy of The Buffalo News to check out the picture...and article obviously.
If you haven't read the article yet or don't want to read the entire thing, I'll post a quick summary:
- If I may steal a nickname from The Goose's Roost for a moment, Atlas Vanek.
- The PK, which is an awesome improvement from the past few years.
- The PP on the road. Actually, let's give road games as an entirety an applause. *claps*
- Mark Mancari representing the amazing depth down at the farm. Or should that be up at the farm, now? Either way, the Sabres will be stacked for years to come. Fear not friends!
- Staffy and Finny not producing much as of late. What happened to all those assists for Max? And Staff must have a REALLY bad infection.
- Tin Man. Though, this is only because of how many games he's missed this season so far. He's only played 3/10 of this season. Ouch.
- The Sabres aren't doing well at home. Actually, they suck at home. They started pulling that crap in the middle of last season. Listen guys, I don't have a car and I can't afford to go on a road trip to see you guys play in Washington or something. GET BETTER AT HOME.
- Five-on-five play is poop. Sabres are outscored about ten goals in five-on-five play.
- The defense and goaltending have been shaky at best in this losing streak, where they basically dominated the first ten games. They're getting better, but...what really happened?
- Derek Roy. He's getting better too. No offense to Cari, but those 'Get behind #9' commercials have to stop. DEREK, YOU ARE NOT GOING TO THE ALL STAR GAME UNLESS YOU PULL OUT SOME UNBELIEVABLE PERFORMANCES OUT OF YOUR ASS.
- As I said in the first point, the goaltending is starting to end up in the middle because of shakiness. I have a feeling both goaltenders will bounce back soon, though.