23.11.08

Even though it was a crappy team, at least Buffalo has something to cheer about.


The Buffalo Bills defeated the Kansas City Chiefs 54-31. I know the Chiefs have a record of like, 1-10 now, but I'm just glad the Bills could get a win over them so at least Buffalo will have something to talk about and be happy about. I don't care if the Chiefs suck. Let's all be happy a team won in this town on the super professional level for the longest time in awhile (okay, two weeks almost).

I am not taking anything away from UB, who won in double OT on Friday night. I am planning on going to school there next year for college so I promised myself I'd go check out their games whenever I got the chance. Students can get in free. I hope I won't be busy with schoolwork or hockey practice to not be able to go. I'd like to see them in person.

My brother was talking on WGR yesterday morning about how the city should probably be paying attention more to the UB Bulls and their success. I agree. This city may be close minded on most of the other sports in this town because of the Bills and Sabres, but there are also a lot of other people who do pay attention to college sports and the Bandits, and the Bisons, etc. etc. If we can't depend on the professional sports, then we should turn our heads and watch some local colleges taking a run for titles and the like.

Let's go, Buf-fa-lo!

4 comments:

Jael said...

I adore that the Bandits are a real professional team. I went to the championship game last year (and got on ESPN a LOT cause I was only a couple rows up! YAY!), and being there in person to watch a Buffalo pro sports team ACTUALLY win a championship... I'll never forget it. Still have it on the DVR at home hahaha. I mean, it wasn't exactly the Sabres or Bills, but... Still. It was something! And it was beautiful.

I'm forcing myself to care about the Bulls. willing myself to care. It's working. And that makes me happy. Because... they're actually decent. And that's great.

Shelby said...

That's so cool that you were here to witness that! I completely forgot about the championship game on ESPN that they showed the day after they won. ): I wish I had DVRed it...

I'm glad that this city is not totally down in a rut about sports. We do have things to be happy about! We just don't take notice. ):

Anne said...

I know what you mean about the Bulls. I went to UB and when I was there they were just starting to turn the corner on winning and they got the same amount of coverage in the local media. wtf? A winning team is ignored while losing teams get front page? boooooo.

Shelby said...

I went to UB and when I was there they were just starting to turn the corner on winning and they got the same amount of coverage in the local media.

My brother went at around the same time. He mentioned how the team pretty much stunk when he went, and then he leaves, and they start to get good. Poor guy.