26.11.08

Good times never seemed so good (so good, so good, so good)!


This is something I'm NOT thankful for.

Sabres won 3-2 against the Bruins tonight in a wonderful fashion. They had me quite nervous there in the third after Kessel scored, but managed to hold onto the lead. They are 1-0 so far in these new duds. Luck, I tell you! It brings them good luck.

Good thing Cari went to this game, because I think she brought her boy good luck. He could've totally had at least four goals today if it wasn't for that 'no goal' call and the fact he was tripped up by Charbacca (Chara). Nice to see that he's slowly getting back into his rhythm. Derek, I hate you less now! And stop looking so gosh darn cute in interviews, I can't stand it!

Yo-Yo then made us remember that, hey, we can score shorthanded too and got that game winning goal. I was too busy talking to my mom about how Jason Pominville could be nicknamed 'Wide Load' when Yo-Yo scored, and we were like 'Bzuh?!' Pretty funny actually, haha.

Let me be honest here, I was really scared that something happened to Thomas' shoulder after Lucic nailed him hard into the boards. That's right. I used the term nailed.
Ahem.
Then when I heard 'lower body injury', I thought of his knee. Thanks to the team doctor, that was screwed up during his physical in September. Good thing Lindy said it was only a contusion...then again, that got me scared too. D; Seeing him sitting on the boards before the third period; scoping the ice and placing his mouthguard into his mouth made my heart flutter, and I said outloud 'He's so heroic. *sigh*' That's the 10-year old fangirl in me, by the way. My 17-year old self was saying 'He is a BEAST. You can't contain him!'

So, things I am thankful for after today:
- My friends, family, and my wonderful girlfriend.
- The Buffalo Sabres and the many joys (maybe sorrows) they give me during the season.
- Thomas Vanek, by even exisiting in my life. THANK YOU.
- The education I have received. I cherish it greatly, with all the knowledge I now have.
- I'm especially thankful for being on this Earth. I try to use every minute to the fullest, because you never know when something is going to happen.

Happy Thanksgiving to those of you who celebrate it, and a happy belated Thanksgiving to my Canadian friends. (:

2 comments:

Cari said...

Good thing Cari went to this game, because I think she brought her boy good luck. He could've totally had at least four goals today if it wasn't for that 'no goal' call and the fact he was tripped up by Charbacca (Chara). Nice to see that he's slowly getting back into his rhythm. Derek, I hate you less now! And stop looking so gosh darn cute in interviews, I can't stand it!

IT'S ALL BECAUSE I WAS, AND STILL AM, WEARING MY BRAND NEW JERSEY WITH MY FUTURE NAME EMBLAZONED ON THE BACK. =] I love him...

Shelby said...

Seeeee? He did it all for you! :D AND IT PAID OFF.