5.10.08

The new NHL commercials creep me out.

I'm getting ready to watch the Penguins/Senators game, and I see the commercial with Sidney Crosby popping out of the photograph; telling me he never wants to be in that one again. I love the idea, but it's just so creepy. Like the Winter Classic commercial last year with Ryan Miller. That was a commercial that almost gave me nightmares.
I'm going to attempt to do a live blog of this game. I don't know how it's going to go, but we'll see, right?

1st period:

- Thank the heavens that Brian Englom cut off that mullet he was sporting for the past who knows how long. I noticed it right away before the Lightning/Rangers game.

- Here they go, saying that Marian Hossa was a key loss. Yeah, he made the rest of the road to the road to the playoffs a hell of a lot easier for the Penguins, but I don't think it's going to be a huge deal in the long run. He can have fun in Detroit (Oh yeah, I forgot I get to watch him play later)

- ...Oh, I didn't know Tuomo and Jarkko were twins! Versus is on the top of their game already; putting in the wrong photos for people...

- I love see Max and Flower playfully hit each other before games. It makes me happy. (:

- Even the Swedes enjoy their Cotton Eyed Joe goodness over the loudspeakers.

- Ruslan Fedotenko with the first penalty of the game. Dang, he was all over Jason Smith on that one.

- I don't know how I feel about the new rule change. Having a faceoff in the attacking zone for the team that's on the power play...I guess it's both good and bad, depending on whether or not your team is penalized.

- I do have to say that I love goalie cams (and no, not for the reason you're thinking). It's cool seeing the perspective from in the net.

- Antoine Vermette, I hate that I like you. Somewhat. Not as much as Jason Spezza.

- I think the word 'imploded' is an understatement when talking about last year's Ottawa Senators.

- That was a sweet move by Sidney Crosby. It would've been awesome if someone got a stick on that and put it in.

- Ooo, I like that arena. It looks super nice.

- Sick helmet on Alex Auld. That's sharp.

- Okay, I missed what happened with Ruutu and Crosby...oh, of course stupid Chris Neil is involved.

- And again, Versus on the top of their game. Saying the Sens have a power play when they don't.

- Cristoph Schubert (I completely screwed up his name, didn't I?) gets a cross-checking penalty for almost destroying Fedotenko.

- You know what? Mats Sundin is dead to me. Dead, I say.

- Mario Lemieux sighting. Epic.

- Scuds should just take out Heatley, I don't even care. I dislike the guy beyond all imagination.

- Ruslan Fedotenko again. Going to the penalty box. Something with those #26's and the penalty box...*cough*ThomasVanek*cough*.

- Free Candy is being handed out right at the end of the period.

2nd period:

- They aren't joking. That is a huge spherical building that they're in. I wonder what it's like to play hockey in there.

- Oh Jesus, good thing Flower got down fast...I thought for sure Alfredsson had a goal right there.

- Shean Donovan with a hooking penalty. Hopefully, the Penguins can get their first goal on the power play with this oppurtunity.

- Holy crap, that lesson about the blueline confused me. *shakes head* Much too complicated.

- University of Minnesota shoutout, wooooo!

- *random note* Sabres and Red Wings in one hour, yeeeeeah!

Alright, I've decided live blogging is a pain in the butt and I'd like to concentrate on the rest of the game, so this died fast, haha. I lasted a period and a half!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sidney's commercial is really creepy. LoL. He just sounds so...awkward doing it. I think that will be the end of his acting career. LoL.

Dion's commercial is better though, imo. How could I not like anything Dion does though, LoL.

Congrats on lasting a period and a half on the live blogging ;)

Shelby said...

I wonder how much of an acting career Geno will have then, haha.

Ooo, I have not seen his yet! I've only seen Sid's and Lundqvist's.

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I don't know what you are talking about. Geno is a fantastic actor ;) That commercial of his, instant classic. LoL.

I haven't seen Lundqvist's yet. I only saw Sid's and Dion's on TSN. I thought they were the only two who did them. LoL.

Shelby said...

He didn't even have a line, and it was perfect.

Lundqvist's is really good, even though I couldn't understand what he was saying at first. But I should look up Dion's on the interwebs.

Anonymous said...

Yea. I definitely reccomend looking up Dions, but then again I'm biased. LoL. More like obsessed. I took so many pics of him when I saw him play. One is the background on my computer. LoL. So, yeah.

I'll look up Henrik's when I have more time. *nods*

Shelby said...

Hey, that's totally understandable. I'm obviously obsessed with Thomas Vanek, so it's all good. :P

Caroline said...

Shelby, I didn't know you had a blog. This is Caroline (saikaro on LJ). I will usually post under the name "bbC" on blogs or sometimes I use my school blog (which I am right now) when bloggers don't give the option for anon posting. Anyways, just wanted to say hi! :D

Shelby said...

I just got one of these yesterday, actually. :D But it's nice to see you here too, Caroline!

Caroline said...

Oh that's neat. I was thinking once I'm done with my class that I use this blog for, that I will continue it as my personal/hockey blog. I don't know, it's still up in the air. Blogging is just fun.

Shelby said...

That would be cool. I'd definitely check up on it if you turned it into a personal/hockey blog.

I was thinking about getting a blog for awhile, and then I decided to get one just before the season started...