I'm getting ready to watch the Penguins/Senators game, and I see the commercial with Sidney Crosby popping out of the photograph; telling me he never wants to be in that one again. I love the idea, but it's just so creepy. Like the Winter Classic commercial last year with Ryan Miller. That was a commercial that almost gave me nightmares.
I'm going to attempt to do a live blog of this game. I don't know how it's going to go, but we'll see, right?
- Thank the heavens that Brian Englom cut off that mullet he was sporting for the past who knows how long. I noticed it right away before the Lightning/Rangers game.
- Here they go, saying that Marian Hossa was a key loss. Yeah, he made the rest of the road to the road to the playoffs a hell of a lot easier for the Penguins, but I don't think it's going to be a huge deal in the long run. He can have fun in Detroit (Oh yeah, I forgot I get to watch him play later)
- ...Oh, I didn't know Tuomo and Jarkko were twins! Versus is on the top of their game already; putting in the wrong photos for people...
- I love see Max and Flower playfully hit each other before games. It makes me happy. (:
- Even the Swedes enjoy their Cotton Eyed Joe goodness over the loudspeakers.
- Ruslan Fedotenko with the first penalty of the game. Dang, he was all over Jason Smith on that one.
- I don't know how I feel about the new rule change. Having a faceoff in the attacking zone for the team that's on the power play...I guess it's both good and bad, depending on whether or not your team is penalized.
- I do have to say that I love goalie cams (and no, not for the reason you're thinking). It's cool seeing the perspective from in the net.
- Antoine Vermette, I hate that I like you. Somewhat. Not as much as Jason Spezza.
- I think the word 'imploded' is an understatement when talking about last year's Ottawa Senators.
- That was a sweet move by Sidney Crosby. It would've been awesome if someone got a stick on that and put it in.
- Ooo, I like that arena. It looks super nice.
- Sick helmet on Alex Auld. That's sharp.
- Okay, I missed what happened with Ruutu and Crosby...oh, of course stupid Chris Neil is involved.
- And again, Versus on the top of their game. Saying the Sens have a power play when they don't.
- Cristoph Schubert (I completely screwed up his name, didn't I?) gets a cross-checking penalty for almost destroying Fedotenko.
- You know what? Mats Sundin is dead to me. Dead, I say.
- Mario Lemieux sighting. Epic.
- Scuds should just take out Heatley, I don't even care. I dislike the guy beyond all imagination.
- Ruslan Fedotenko again. Going to the penalty box. Something with those #26's and the penalty box...*cough*ThomasVanek*cough*.
- Free Candy is being handed out right at the end of the period.
- They aren't joking. That is a huge spherical building that they're in. I wonder what it's like to play hockey in there.
- Oh Jesus, good thing Flower got down fast...I thought for sure Alfredsson had a goal right there.
- Shean Donovan with a hooking penalty. Hopefully, the Penguins can get their first goal on the power play with this oppurtunity.
- Holy crap, that lesson about the blueline confused me. *shakes head* Much too complicated.
- University of Minnesota shoutout, wooooo!
- *random note* Sabres and Red Wings in one hour, yeeeeeah!
Alright, I've decided live blogging is a pain in the butt and I'd like to concentrate on the rest of the game, so this died fast, haha. I lasted a period and a half!