28.10.08

Everyone's talking about it, so I'll just follow suit.

If you're behind the times in the Buffalo Sports scene, then check out the following video:



As you can see, Adam Mair tried to get into a tiff with Chris Neil, though he is yelling at Jarkko Ruutu in the video. Pretty much all the blogs I read have taken note on what happened last night, and I guess it's being reviewed by the league. I honestly don't see what is so bad about this altercation. Mairsy DID NOT fight Ruutu in the hallway. Sure, he grabbed his undershirt, but a huge fight did not break out. The commissioner was in town, yes, but nothing is going to happen from this until the next Sabres/Sens game when they can deal with things on the ice - in a fight. If Mairsy gets a fine for this then okay, but if he gets suspended...well, I think the league needs to chill out. Like the Michael Peca incident. They were overreacting with this one, and if the league suspends Mair as well, then they are surely overreacting on issues not that serious unlike other issues at hand.

On a better note, I'd like to welcome Caroline to the blogging world! Go read! (Even if there is only one entry, but go go go!)

4 comments:

Caroline said...

I always wondered if there were any altercations in the player's hallway because the two teams are so close to each other.

I think the league needs to sort out their priorities sometimes. More focus on the important things like blatant head-hunting in games. Rather than altercations like this or the Peca incident. A fine would be fine (wow, sorry about the lame pun), it's just a slap on the wrist, which is all that needs to be warrented in this case in my opinion.

And thank you for the shout out! <3

Shelby said...

Oh, I have as well. I'm sure there are plenty of behind the scenes incidents we don't see between teams in the hallway, but this will probably be one of the only times something gets on camera.

I completely agree about the priorities thing, too. There's a lot more serious things going on the ice then off it. The league should stick with sorting out those things on the ice first before going off of it.

And no problem! <3

Mary said...

Honestly, if a suspension comes out from this, it will be ridiculous. Exactly like the Michael Peca thing. The league needs to chill out, yo!

Shelby said...

Exactly, Mary. If a suspension comes out of this, then I can only imagine what else the league will suspend in the future.