Bummer of a Kids Day. SABRES WIN.
Talk about high scoring and an awesome PP! 7-1, Sabres!
Not too shabby for an afternoon game, that's for sure. The first period was dull but after the floodgates opened in the second period, it was all Sabres. Still wish there could've been a shutout but what matters is the W for the Sabres. 2-0 going into the city on Wednesday. I'm a bit scared thinking about how the Rangers may be 5-0 when the Sabres get there, though...undefeated teams intimidate me.
- Patrick Lalime is an adorable French-Canadian, and he can make huge saves when needed.
- Thomas Vanek is sick nasty and knows how to make me love him with his interviews. He should've had a towel during it; what a sweaty hot mess.
- Jochen Hecht is not allowed to be hurt.
- Jason Pominville scored between his legs again, I think. It looked like it. xD
- Adam Mair has a red/pink mouthguard, and I think it brings him good luck.
- I love Clarke MacArthur's goal celebrations.
- Patrick Kaleta/Adam Mair/Craig Rivet can have melees whenever they want, as long as they don't get suspended from any games.
- The Sabres look so much better in their darker jerseys than the white ones. Then again, I don't like white jerseys that much.
- Ales Kotalik was on his butt in front of the Isles' net for three out of the seven goals. Keep doing that, Al.
- The kid that sang the anthem was cute, but how did he fit his legs into those pants?
In much, much sadder news...Alexei Cherepanov passed away today during a hockey game in the KHL. He was only 19 years old, and was drafted by the Rangers last summer. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.