13.10.08

Bummer of a Kids Day. SABRES WIN.


Talk about high scoring and an awesome PP! 7-1, Sabres!
Not too shabby for an afternoon game, that's for sure. The first period was dull but after the floodgates opened in the second period, it was all Sabres. Still wish there could've been a shutout but what matters is the W for the Sabres. 2-0 going into the city on Wednesday. I'm a bit scared thinking about how the Rangers may be 5-0 when the Sabres get there, though...undefeated teams intimidate me.
Quick summary:
- Patrick Lalime is an adorable French-Canadian, and he can make huge saves when needed.
- Thomas Vanek is sick nasty and knows how to make me love him with his interviews. He should've had a towel during it; what a sweaty hot mess.
- Jochen Hecht is not allowed to be hurt.
- Jason Pominville scored between his legs again, I think. It looked like it. xD
- Adam Mair has a red/pink mouthguard, and I think it brings him good luck.
- I love Clarke MacArthur's goal celebrations.
- Patrick Kaleta/Adam Mair/Craig Rivet can have melees whenever they want, as long as they don't get suspended from any games.
- The Sabres look so much better in their darker jerseys than the white ones. Then again, I don't like white jerseys that much.
- Ales Kotalik was on his butt in front of the Isles' net for three out of the seven goals. Keep doing that, Al.
- The kid that sang the anthem was cute, but how did he fit his legs into those pants?

In much, much sadder news...Alexei Cherepanov passed away today during a hockey game in the KHL. He was only 19 years old, and was drafted by the Rangers last summer. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

6 comments:

Katie said...

Patrick Lalime is an adorable French-Canadian

He is almost as adorable as that other, very talkative, French Canadian goalie we had, which I did not think was humanly possible.

Jochen Hecht is not allowed to be hurt

My fantasy hockey team thinks so, too!

Shelby said...

Martttttty! No one can be as adorable as him, but Lalime comes very close.

Anne said...

Pommer scored between Kotalik's legs too, hahahaha.

That game was AWESOME.

Defy Gravity... said...

Adam Mair has a red/pink mouthguard, and I think it brings him good luck.

I guess it's like the saying, "Real Men Wear Pink".

Shelby said...

Pommer scored between Kotalik's legs too, hahahaha.

A friend of mine told me that today during band! He's pretty nifty with his shooting, haha.

Shelby said...

I guess it's like the saying, "Real Men Wear Pink".

Adam Mair is certainly a real man, I mean...he fights even with a sort of messed up knee still!