2.12.08

It's time to screw those statistics - clean slate time!

Lindy Ruff told the media today that the Sabres started a 'clean slate'. They were told to forgot about the previous 24 games. Forget about this current slump they're in. Forget about the points, and the goals, and the assists (which I thought was amusing because Craigory said that 'Thomas Vanek looked like he was the only one scratching his head at somehow getting rid of his 18 goals.') They need to pretend that they're just starting the season out, and from the sounds of how Lindy and Craigory both reacted to the practice, the players responded well. We can only hope that shows up on this road trip, which should also help them. Getting away from home eases the pain.

Does this mean Buffalo may perhaps seriously try to play like they did in the first five games of the season? Defense first, but also have a scary offense? You know, with people scoring other than Vanek?
Let's all put our hands together and pray (or if you're athiest, just cross your fingers) for the Sabres and ope their game plan decides to work for this roadtrip, because if they come back 0-3, I will have to go down to the arena and do a little more than knock a few heads together.

9 comments:

Caroline said...

It's been so doom and gloom all all throughout Sabreland, that it's refreshing to see that the boys seem to have positive thoughts and I like the approach of going into the next games with a clean slate.

Let's just hope it's not all talk and what they are preaching shows up on the ice.

Shelby said...

Let's just hope it's not all talk and what they are preaching shows up on the ice.

They've only done that to the fans so many times already, huh? I think that they will show up, but then again, I've felt this way before...

Jael said...

LOL, Lindy Ruff. L. O. L.

I'm sorry. He's done this before. And what happened? Oh, that's right. They kept SUCKING.

<_< Sometimes I really hate how cynical I've become, but I wouldn't be this way if the Sabres and Bills didn't completely SUCK. Hahaha.

Shelby said...

I'm sorry. He's done this before. And what happened? Oh, that's right. They kept SUCKING.

Well, I sure don't blame Lindy for the problems currently going on with this team, while in Dick Jauron's case, he actually is an awful coach who can't make the proper decisions.

Jael said...

I don't blame Lindy Ruff, either, not one bit... When they play the way he wants them to, they are a machine.

Shelby said...

But of course, the Sabres seem to have this invisible concrete wall in their brain that occasionally tells them 'Block out everything your coach is saying!' and then they fall apart and are epic fail.

Cari said...

I'm not holding my breath...


But anyways, dear, can you send me the picture that your have as your profile pic?? I'm loving every pixel of it... =]

Shelby said...

But anyways, dear, can you send me the picture that your have as your profile pic?? I'm loving every pixel of it... =]

You got it, girl. (:

Cari said...

You got it, girl.

Ooooh yay!! My email is ckmisener@gmail.com

Thanks, toots!!