24.12.08

Happy holidays from PotG!

Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer is one of my favorite holiday movies to watch. I haven't seen it yet this year, but I'm sure if it's on later, my family and I are going to turn it on. Or bring over White Christmas, and watch that. Another favorite of mine.

I probably won't post again until after opening gifts on Christmas Day. From this afternoon on to tomorrow I'll be spending time with my family. I know some of the things I'm getting already, and I can't wait until I get them. I think it's worse knowing what your parents got you upon request, but you can't have it until Christmas, haha. So excited!

So, since Sabres TV still refuses to work, I checked Thomas Vanek's blog to check if he had updated, and he did. This part really got to me:

For the first time my son Blake will really get to know what it is all about. Last year he was a bit too young for that. I’m really looking forward to seeing his eyes gleam and glisten when he’ll see all the parcels under the lit christmas tree.


Basically, I can only imagine the huge grin Thomas will have on his face when Blake does this. The image is so cute in my head!

Oh, and Anne is right - Thomas doesn't really care that he's second in goal scoring.

It’s no joke when I always say that the team comes first. My dream is still the Stanley Cup and that’s something you can only achieve as a team. I want that cup and I want my name engraved on it as the first Austrian player. Personal statistics are well and good but the success of my club comes first.


*swipes away a tear* That was wonderfully put.

I wish you all the happiest of holidays, whether it be Hanukkah, Christmas, or even Kwanzaa! (I think people forget about Kwanzaa. ):)

6 comments:

Jill said...

Happy Holidays!!!

Katie said...

For the first time my son Blake will really get to know what it is all about. Last year he was a bit too young for that. I’m really looking forward to seeing his eyes gleam and glisten when he’ll see all the parcels under the lit christmas tree.

I think I died from the cuteness! I swear, Thomas may have pushed Captain Craig out as Father of the Year with that statement. He's such a cute daddy!

Merry Christmas, Shelby!

dani said...

Merry Christmas! Tell us what you got post-opening presents :P

Shelby said...

Thank you three for the holiday wishes! :D

@Katie: Craigory is certainly a great daddy himself. This team is full of great dads, aww.

@Dani: Oh, I will! There will be pictures as well.

Katebits said...

Happy Holidays, Shelby Rose!

Shelby said...

Thank you, Katebits!