15.10.09

EPIC DOMINATION! (For real this time)

I love getting out of class early so that I have time to update my blog inbetween class and work, so here I am to talk about the epic game from Tuesday evening against the Red Wings.

This week I am currently watching over my brother's house, and I thought for sure that he would have digital cable again, but he didn't. This forced my mom and I to watch the game on the crappy internet feed, but I was so glad I was able to watch this game nevertheless. The way they manhandled the Red Wings really got me excited, and while this game could have been an absolute fluke, I would like to hope that this is a sign for things to come with this team. They played well defensively, Ryan Miller was there when he needed to be, and the pucks began to go into the net.

While we had that scare of Thomas possibly being out for weeks, now it has shortened down to days. Thank goodness. Like I said in my previous post, I wouldn't mind if he had been out for a few weeks but I'm glad that we're getting good news about his injury instead of extremely bad news. Hooray!

I am really happy about the points being distributed all around the team as well. I was looking at the stats after the game on Tuesday, and a lot of guys have between two to five points already in four games. That isn't bad at all. I would rather have goals and assists distributed around a bunch of guys instead of the same four or five guys every game.

I think getting Mike Grier back really did something to this team...and I like it.

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

Sounds like the Sabres are looking good. Of course crushing the Wings usually does make the world a brighter, shinier place.