22.7.09

Where in the world is Drew Stafford?

While Reggie and General agreed to their qualifying offers either yesterday or a few days ago, there has still been no word on Drew Stafford and what's happening with his situation. Either the Sabres organization are doing a really good job of not releasing information, or he's fallen off the face of the Earth. Ever since the offers were handed out I have not heard one word about one of our extremely hardcore right wingers.

Now, I like Drew. He's actually one of my top favorites on the Sabres even though I hardly talk about him. I would really like if the Sabres could keep him and work out a good deal for both him and the team. A lot of blogs have stated that Ryan Callahan's new contract has set the bar and Drew has around the same stats as him. I just wish we knew what was going on with contract negotiations - if things are looking positive or negative. I just want to hear one thing about Drew, that's all I want.

7 comments:

Jill said...

I am waiting for him to pop up in a stripped sweater hat and round glasses.

Shelby said...

I'm sort of scared that he'll pop up looking all scruffy and be like 'Sorry, I was in hibernation for a few weeks.'

Cari said...

I'm especially freaked about Drew because his house is for sale... :(((((

Shelby said...

What?! )': Noooooooo! This news upsets me greatly. He better just be moving to another place around here.

Jill said...

WHAAAAA?!?!?!?!? Oh no this bad very bad. *panic attack*

Anonymous said...

it was for sale during the season, so hopefully he is just moving. i, as well, am itching to hear from him. i wanted him settled with us before the other two.

Shelby said...

I wanted him settled before any of the other RFAs actually, before the bar was probably set with Callahan's signing. I am truly hoping that the organization is just 'hush hush' about negotiations with him instead of not doing anything yet.