3.8.09

Ryan Miller let's us know he dislikes stalkers and what he's doing.

Ryan gave us a little update today on his website to let us know he's still around. He mentions that he doesn't like the thought of these social networking sites because of the fact there are many stalkers abound on the internet. I don't really agree there because the networking sites are also there for long lost friends and family members so you can keep in contact, but I do agree that talking on the phone is almost dead it seems. No one really talks on the phone anymore because of texting, email, and such sites like Facebook and Twitter.

It's funny because he says all of this, and then he proceeds to say what he's doing this month and how he's coming back to Buffalo early. This Friday, actually. If you want to see him, he'll be at Watkins Glen to be the grand marshal. Sabres.com better have some video of this.

11 comments:

Jill said...

I truly laughed my ass off over this. He cracks me up but how can you not adore him? I wonder how many people will be going down to The Glen to find him tailgating? LOL

You know I am not a big phone talker. I do agree with him as well. BUT I do love the fact that I can be on Twitter or FB and chit chat with people who I met through I dunno blogs... LOL... or I can IM hubby any time I want and he doesn't get yelled for being on the phone while he is working. I guess what ever works for you.

Unknown said...

Part of me has to wonder if the whole FB/Myspace/Twitter rant came about because there's been a lot of chatter in the blogosphere lately about how for all we know, everyone associated with the Sabres is dead. I wonder if this is his way of saying that "I'm not dead, but just let me be for a bit."

I feel a lot better now that he's graced us with his delightful crankiness.

Caroline said...

Look at his post again...his editor made him re-do it because he came across to hars hahahahahahahahaha

Shelby said...

Jill; there will now be thousands (or hundreds) of people flocking to the Glen now to watch Ryan Miller say 'Start your engines'. I would go if I could drive.

Ryan seems like an extremely old fashioned guy. That's probably why he doesn't like all of the blogging/Twitter/Facebook things.

Amy; I never even thought of that. I know I keep wondering if there's a pulse in the organization because of how slow news is...it's ridiculous. Someone could at least update us every once in awhile. I know they have lives.

Caroline; ahaha, but I love Ryan's dry humor! How dare his editor do that!

Unknown said...

Ha! He got the figurative slap upside the head telling him he's a jackass. I wonder if it was his agent, his PR dude or a family member that did it.

Seriously, I took no offense at his blog. Anyone who's watched a Ryan interview know's he's extremely dry and sarcastic. There's nothing wrong with that.

Shelby said...

I agree Amy. It shows that he's human, at least. No problem with being blunt like he is.

Jill said...

OMG That is the funniest shit ever! Just makes you like him even more! Like you said anyone who watches his interviews or reads his blog regularly would know that he was being facetious. Good Lord. LOL

He rules period

Shelby said...

His editor should get a slap on the wrist for making him change what he said. For shame.

Jill said...

I agree... he should def hang his head in shame. Let #30 do as he chooses dammit!

Anonymous said...

He DOES have a Facebook, and I think that should be the least of his worries.

Shelby said...

Is it real, and not an imposter? Or does he have very limited friends on there?