10.8.09

Color me surprised, the Buffalo Sabres sign Mike Grier to a one-year deal.

I really did not mean for that to come out as a pun, but it still did. Sorry Mike.

Tamara texted me the news that came directly from the Buffalo Sabres about the signing since I'm not signed up for those texts. I pretty much stared at my phone in awe. Now I didn't pay attention to the Sabres much in the 05-06 season besides Game 7 versus Carolina but I know Mike Grier did not have many kind words for the Sabres management when he left for San Jose. It'll be very interesting to hear comments on this signing because I am very surprised he would want to come back here after what he said. I guess the Sabres really are adding grit back to the team.

I don't feel like talking about the other big story that happened in Buffalo recently because - well frankly, I just don't want to. You can't make me.

2 comments:

Jill said...

I am so stoked about Grier!!!

Shelby said...

I am as well! I'm excited about this team adding some much needed grit.