5.8.10

On how I might sort of watch the Florida Panthers this season.

This isn't some late April Fool's joke. I have been contemplating over the past month whether or not I should try watching the Panthers this season. With the departure of Michael Grabner from Vancouver to Florida, that gives me a good reason to watch how he develops with the team. At least he's on the East Coast now and I can see him play more if he stays up with the club, which I think he will. Even if he doesn't he'll be on Rochester, and I would LOVE to go to a game just to see him. That would be awesome. Then Rochester would've had the pleasure of having two Austrians on their team, OH MY GOD?!

Breathe.

This morning before work I decided to go on the Panthers site to see if there was any information on Grabner, when I thought to myself 'hey, I kind of like David Booth too...' He seems like a sweetie and I nearly forgot Mike Richards almost killed him with his elbow last season. If I'm not mistaken, I THINK he played with Ryan when he was still at Michigan State. He's also one of the better players on the Panthers. This made me contemplate even more 'should I give in? Should I just watch if Grabner's up? Why would I follow a team from the Sun Belt?'

I don't even know any Panthers fans so I have no idea how this is going to work. I'm diving in head first.
Stay healthy, k?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

The handful of hockey fans that I know from Florida don't even know any Panthers fans lol

Shelby said...

Wow...that's sad. I could probably count the number of fans that attend games on my hand.

All right, that's sort of harsh. I must look into this further.

Aubrey said...

See, that's one reason why you should follow a Sun Belt team. If they're that short on fans the poor things need some love. Plus you've got to admit that a Florida vacation diguised as a hockey trip is pretty appealing :)

Shelby said...

The beach, the sun, Disney World, some hockey thrown in there - I'm all set for a good vacation!

Tam said...

will you still watch NOW!?

Shelby said...

Peters might not even play on Florida, and might just be on Rochester the whole time - so yes, I MIGHT. :P